Hours: Mon-Fri 9-9 Sat 12-4 Sun 12-4
The Secaucus Public Library hosts free business counseling through the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), Newark Chapter 15. Secaucus residents David S. Malka, a retired CEO of an international conglomerate, and Joseph DeFerrari, Jr., a retired banker, will be available by appointment to give expert advice on business plans, loans and similar business topics.
What is SCORE?
The Service Corps of Retired Executives is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the Small Business Administration (SBA). SCORE Association volunteers serve as "Counselors to America's Small Business." Working and retired executives and business owners donate their time and expertise as volunteer business counselors and provide confidential counseling and mentoring free of charge through a network of over 11,500 volunteers in 389 chapters throughout the USA.
What help is available?
How can I contact SCORE?
- Local person-to-person consultation in Secaucus
- Counseling over the phone (Newark office)
- Seminars in Newark on Starting and Managing Your Own Business
- Business Information Center and Library in Newark with computers, books, videos and nearly 200 business startup guide
- Book entitled Starting and Managing Your Own Business
For an appointment in Secaucus, call the Secaucus Public Library & Business Resource Center at (201) 330-2083.